The hormonal changes and rapid weight change associated with pregnancy can leave unwanted pockets of fat and sagging skin in the lower abdominal area. It can also deflate the breasts or leave them looking droopy.
For mothers who are in good health, near their ideal body weight, and finished having children, a mommy makeover can restore the figure. The skilled surgeons at Oasis of Hope Bariatrics in Tijuana, México perform the procedure, which can include any combination of popular body contouring procedures. When planning for this procedure, it is important to have a good understanding of recovery times.
Mommy Makeover Options
Mommy makeovers combine multiple body contouring procedures to deliver more dramatic results with lower cost and shorter overall recovery time.
Many of the procedure options for a mommy makeover are common plastic surgery procedures. In fact, four of the most popular surgical procedures for women in 2016 (breast lift, liposuction, tummy tuck, and breast augmentation) are often included in a mommy makeover.
Our doctors will consult with you to determine which combination of procedures will best meet your goals.
How Long Will My Recovery Take?
Recovery times vary from patient to patient, but these general guidelines should give you an idea of what to expect.
- Liposuction: For this fat-removing procedure, one of our doctors will use a special device called a cannula to gently break down and remove fat deposits. Patients are generally mobile within the first few weeks of recovery, and some are even able to return to work after a few days. It is advised that you wear your compression garment for two weeks after surgery. The full benefits of liposuction will be apparent about two to three months after the procedure.
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck involves the removal of excess skin in your lower abdominal area. The abdominal muscles are often tightened as well. Patients who undergo a tummy tuck should avoid strenuous activities for six weeks after surgery.
- Breast augmentation: This procedure uses silicone or saline implants to restore shape and firmness to your breasts. Some patients are able to return to light work after one week. Strenuous activity should be avoided for at least one month. Full recovery from breast augmentation can take up to two months.
During your visit to our surgical hospital, you can expect the following patient timeline.
- Day 1: After one of our friendly drivers picks you up at San Diego International Airport, you will be driven across the U.S-Mexico border for check-in to our hospital. Then our staff will conduct x-rays and you will have the opportunity to consult with one of our doctors.
- Day 2: After all the necessary lab work is conducted, our doctors and support staff will begin your cosmetic procedure. You will spend the rest of the day resting.
- Day 3: The third day will be spent resting in the recovery room.
- Day 4-7: More rest and recovery. Our doctors and staff will monitor your recovery.
- Day 8: After one week, you will be given further nutritional and recovery guidelines and dropped off at the airport.
Schedule Your Mommy Makeover Today
No matter which combination of procedures you undergo, combining body contouring options requires less recovery time than undergoing each surgery one at a time.
The team of doctors at our practice offer state-of-the-art surgical care, affordable pricing, and a safe medical campus. To learn how a mommy makeover can improve your post-pregnancy body, contact us online or call (619) 690-8417.
Related to This