Now Offering Fully Virtual Bariatric Surgery Consultations
In today's world, it's easier than ever to get the services you need online without ever leaving your home. From groceries to medical advice, most services are just a click away. For the comfort and convenience of our patients, we are now offering fully virtual bariatric surgery consultations. Now, patients anywhere in the world can talk to our bariatric surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico, via Zoom®, Skype®, FaceTime®, or any other trusted video conferencing platform. During your virtual consultation, you can learn more about the procedures available at Oasis of Hope Bariatrics and find a surgery that's right for you.
Oasis of Hope Bariatrics: At the Forefront of Telemedicine
In the past, communication with your doctor was limited to face-to-face interactions, which meant that scheduling conflicts, lack of transportation, and other obstacles often got in the way of getting the care you needed. Today, telemedicine is becoming more popular among healthcare practices. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, telehealth is "the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support and promote long-distance clinical health care, patient and professional health-related education, public health and health administration" through video conferencing, online services, and other forms of technology.
At Oasis of Hope Bariatrics, we fully embrace telemedicine. In addition to virtual consultations, we have always allowed new and existing patients to:
- Request consultations online
- Browse our video gallery and photo gallery
- Learn more about our bariatric procedures through our website
- Calculate their body mass index (BMI) through our interactive tools
- Access their patient forms online
Our bariatric surgery center has the tools and technology to address your concerns long before your scheduled surgery to ensure that the process is efficient, informative, and cost-effective.
How Virtual Consultations Benefit Our Patients
If you are considering bariatric surgery, a consultation is the first step in your life-changing journey. If time, finances, or fear are preventing you from scheduling your surgery, a virtual consultation can:
- Save you time: By meeting our doctors online, you can decide if we are the right team for you without having to travel to Tijuana, Mexico, or the nearby San Diego airport. You can also save time by not having to hop back and forth between different bariatric surgeons in your hometown who might not offer virtual consultations. With us, you can start your weight loss journey from your phone or computer.
- Save you money: Virtual consultations allow you to talk to your physician from the comfort of your home, saving you money on transportation. If you are visiting Oasis of Hope Bariatrics from the United States, Canada, or another country, a virtual consultation can save you hundreds on airline fees alone.
- Give you peace of mind: During your virtual consultation, you can meet the surgeon who will be performing your procedure. He can explain the different types of bariatric surgeries that are available and help you choose one that fits your needs. At Oasis of Hope Bariatrics in Tijuana, Mexico, we offer many types of procedures including gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and revision bariatric surgery, so we can choose an option that truly meets your goals.
Schedule a Virtual Consultation Today
If you are struggling to lose excess weight even after diet and exercise, it's time to consult with a bariatric surgeon. During your virtual consultation, we can learn about your weight loss goals and find a procedure that's right for you. To get started, schedule your virtual consultation or call us at (619) 690-8417.