Traveling Abroad for Bariatric Surgery
With costs of healthcare through the roof, millions of Americans choose to travel abroad for medical treatment and procedures each year. Medical tourism for bariatric surgery is particularly popular, as patients can access the same quality of care for a fraction of the price.
Are you considering medical tourism for bariatric surgery?? Serving patients worldwide, the surgeons at Oasis of Hope Bariatrics in Tijuana, Mexico can assist you in answering any questions you may have as you embark on your weight loss journey.
Benefits of Traveling Abroad for Bariatric Surgery
When preparing to get bariatric surgery, patients should consider the benefits of medical tourism. Medical tourism for bariatric surgery offers patients a wide variety of benefits they may not be able to access in their home country. These benefits include:
- Affordable Costs: The cost of many medical procedures is significantly lower in Mexico than it is in the United States, making it an attractive option for those who wish to obtain a procedure but want to stick to their intended budget.
- Luxury Amenities: Medical tourism often draws patients to modern facilities in vacation destinations, where patients can recover from their procedure in luxury.
- World-Renowned Surgeons: While the United States offers an incredible selection of surgeons, many top surgeons work abroad as well. Patients who cannot afford the surgeon they want in the United States may be able to access an experienced surgeon at a lower cost abroad.
Why Choose Oasis of Hope Bariatrics?
Our practice offers a range of benefits that make it a great choice for U.S. patients. Whether you drive or fly into San Diego, we can make your trip across the border safe and comfortable so you can undergo surgery at a lower cost with confidence.
- Location: We are located just 30 minutes south of the San Diego airport. Although our facility is less than a quarter mile from the border, we are about seven miles from the border crossing.
- All-Inclusive Pricing: Our packages include ground transportation to get you to our facility from San Diego. We also include your hospital stay (for you and a companion), lab tests, medications, nutritional consultation, and five years of follow-up care, in addition to your surgery.
- Cost: Our bariatric surgery packages range from $4,499 to $5,750, depending on the type of procedure you choose. This results in 50 to 70 percent in savings compared to undergoing surgery in the United States.
- Expert surgeons: All of our surgeons are board-certified, have decades of experience, and are experts in laparoscopic surgery.
Is Medical Tourism Right for Me?
Each patient is unique and has different circumstances and goals surrounding their bariatric surgery. When considering which option is best for you, think about the goals you hope to achieve, your budget, the complexity of your surgery, and whether or not the benefits of medical tourism outweigh the risks in your individual case. It is always best to schedule a consultation with a medical professional to evaluate your goals and needs before making a final decision.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
With top-of-the-line equipment, a world-class medical staff, and a cutting-edge facility, Oasis of Hope Bariatrics has everything you need to undergo your bariatric surgery and help you recover as you enjoy your stay in Tijuana, Mexico.
Call (619) 690-8417 to schedule your appointment today in Tijuana, Mexico.