Dr. Francisco Gonzalez Helping Thousands of Patients Transform Their Lives
Dr. Francisco Gonzalez is a General Surgeon with a specialty in Bariatric Surgery with nearly two decades of experience in the field of weight loss surgery. He is Board Certified in General Surgery, Board Certified in Bariatric Surgery and holds two professional licenses: A General Medical license, as well as a General Surgery License and, is a certified bariatric surgeon.
He is a recognized expert in laparoscopic surgery who has performed over 4,000 laparoscopic procedures, 6,000 bariatric surgeries and participated in over 7,000 metabolic and bariatric surgical procedures.
Well known for his work with Lap-Band patients, is now considered a leading authority in the field of Bariatric Surgery, including the Gastric Sleeve, the Gastric Bypass, and other revision surgeries. He is one of the first weight loss surgeons to receive certification from INAMED, the lone provider of FDA-approved lap bands in the United States.
He has been a teacher and lecturer at the UABC medical school where he trains other surgeons in the technical nuances of complex bariatric surgery procedures. Dr. Gonzalez has trained hundreds of young surgeons around the world to perform weight loss surgery safely and effectively. Oasis of Hope Hospital is a state of the art facility with the most modern broadcast capabilities and frequently transmits live surgical procedures to the international meetings and symposiums.
"We make weight-loss surgery safe and affordable."
- 1980-1986: Degree in General Medicine From Faculty of Medicine Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara
- 1987-1990: Residency in General Surgery Centro Medico Nacional del Noroeste, Obregon City Sonora, México
- 1991: Specialization in Laparoscopic Surgery Centro Medico Nacional La Raza Mexico City
- 1997: Certification in Advanced Bariatric Surgery Hospital General de Tijuana
- 2003: Certification in Advanced Bariatric Surgery Alcoy, Spain
To find out if you are a good candidate for bariatric surgery from Dr. Gonzalez, call our practice at (619) 690-8417 or contact us online.